Please take a look at the Student Handbook - Mental Health and Wellbeing where you can find information and see how to access the OCA Wellbeing App which has wellbeing tools and podcasts to help during your studies. If you are not yet a student with us, you can see some information on the OCA website.
The Learner Support Team are Mental Health First Aid trained if you are not sure how to access support, but for urgent / crisis support within the UK please use one of the following:-
NHS UK advises you do this when:-
- someone's life is at risk - for example if they have seriously injured themselves or taken an overdose
- you do not feel you can keep yourself or someone else safe
NHS UK advises you to call 111 or your GP when:-
- you are not able to speak to your local NHS urgent mental health helpline
- you need help urgently for your mental health, but it's not an emergency
- you're not sure what to do
NHS UK advises if you need help during a mental health crisis or emergency you can call for:-
- 24-hour advice and support - for you, your child, your parent or someone you care for
- help to speak to a mental health professional
- an assessment to help decide on the best course of care
When you click the link here you will be asked for your age and postcode and provided with your local NHS urgent mental health helpline.
If you are outside the UK please contact your doctor / health service for local signposting, or see if there is an International Mental Health Charity listed for your country.